the wizzie faq
get the answers you need
Frequently Asked questions about Wizzie, the Wizzie Data Platform and the rest of our technologies.
Everything you need to know about what we do exactly at Wizzie.
What is Wizzie?
Whatever happens in your organization, whatever you do in your infrastructure, we see it. They do. We see.
WDP, Wizzie Data Platform
Our platform. Open, extensible, fast, easy to use. Did I say “fast” already?
What is WDP?
What can I accomplish with WDP?
What differentiates WDP from other conventional data platforms?
WDP is characterized by the freedom and flexibility it offers its users. These are its main characteristics:
- Collection: we understand data coming through multiple protocols, and if you use a protocol that we do not know, we will learn it, and adapt.
- Real time: You can have the data, as well as the analysis performed on it, almost instantly.
- Scalability: No matter how much your organization grows and the amount of information to process, WDP can grow with it whenever you need it.
- High intake rate: Our technology is capable of collecting and processing thousands of events per second (or billions of events a day, to say it another way…).
- Multi-tenancy: you can use the same WDP installation to offer services to different users, departments, or even your own clients, allowing you to keep the data of each customer in different data warehouses.
- Open: WDP is Open Core and most of the supported protocols are standard. We also allow third-party platforms to access the information contained in WDP.
- Free deployment: no matter where you want to deploy WDP, be it a third-party cloud, an own cloud, a virtual or a physical machine… Any environment with Kubernetes can be used to install WDP.
What does the Normalizer component do?
What does the Enricher component do?
You can also enrich data with external information sources. For example, the IP address can be used to geolocate the events (continent, country, coordinates, etc.), obtain their reputation value, add the server or workstation hostname in their network, the users connected to said hostnames, etc. And the MAC address can be used to obtain the manufacturer of the device, its hostname, etc.
In addition to this, any additional data source available to your organization can be used to enrich the data received in WDP.
What does the ZZ-CEP component do?
This component is our complex event processing engine, which analyzes and correlates incoming data based on advanced processing rules, such as filters, temporary windows, sequences, patterns, etc. It is also able to generate alerts or expand the input data, providing more visibility at the analysis stage.